ISO / ANSI / IAF
This section describes the roles and relationships of the following organizations in developing and operating the Global PPC:
- ISO - the International Standards Organization
- ANSI - the American National Standards Institute, the U.S. body responsible for accrediting PABC as a certifying body.
- IAF - the International Accreditation Forum, the organization that promotes reciprocal acceptance of ISO-accredited certification between states.
Three sets of standards are involved in this professional certification process:
- ISO's Standards 17021 and 17024 - for test design/administration
- GPPC Standards - for pilot knowledge, skill, attitude and competency
- Qualifying Standards - for earning and maintaining the GPPC credential