The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) is the organization that establishes the protocols for international acceptance of accreditations issued by each state's ISO affiliate.
- ISO defines the standards
- The state's accrediting body (ANSI in the U.S.) issues the accreditation
- The IAF assures mutual acceptance of that status between states
- Multilateral Agreements (MLAs) are the vehicle for that acceptance.
Please see www.iaf.nu for information on:
- The IAF
- The states that participate in the IAF